- Scientific coordination
- Geopolitics and governance
- Demography, health and ageing
- Management of environment and natural resources
- Energy and climate change mitigation
- Economic integration, trade, investment and sectoral analyses
- Financial services and capital markets
- Human capital, social protection, inequality and migration
- Scenario building and impact assessment
- Scenarios for regional integration and cooperation with the EU
Population Scenarios for South Mediterranean Countries: 2010-2050
Wed, 15/08/2012 - 12:32 | by admin
This MEDPRO project report describes four population growth scenarios for 11 countries in the Mediterranean region, using the MEDPRO economic-political development framework to consider how indicators of fertility, mortality, and international migration might change if people in these countries were to live in different macro-economic and political contexts. The paper also reflects on the results obtained in light of recent political developments in the region.
The authors of this report, George Groenewold, Joop de Beer, and Corina Huisman, are Senior Researchers at the Netherlands Interdisciplinary Demographic Institute (NIDI) in The Hague.
MEDPRO Rep No 2 WP3 Groenewold.pdf
Date of publication: